1. KuVS Fachgespräch "Network Softwarization"
– From Research to Application
12.-13.10.2017 at the Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen
Software-defined networking (SDN), network function virtualization (NFV), and network programmability in general are considered core ingredients of future networks and are summarized as network softwarization. Although they are still under research, these novel networking paradigms have already entered production stage for specific use cases. Major drivers are cost-effectiveness, flexibility, and security.
This workshop would like to discuss in particular experience reports from deployments and prototypes, testbeds as well as opportunities and challenges for various use cases in the field of datacenter, ISP, industrial, and campus networks. The topics of this workshop include, but are not limited to:
- SDN/NFV architectures
- Use cases and business models for SDN/NFV
- SDN/NFV deployments in datacenter, ISP, industrial, and campus networks
- SDN/NFV integration with legacy networks (hybrid SDN)
- SDN/NFV testbeds and emulation platforms
- SDN data and control plane resilience
- SDN/NFV performance and scalability
- Network virtualization
- SDN-based service control
- SDN-based security and security of SDN
- Protocols and languages for SDN/NFV
- Teaching activities
- Standardization reports
- Projects and events with focus on SDN/NFV
Submission and Publication
Two forms of contributions are possible:
- Title, abstract and reference of previously published work to present and discuss it in the KuVS community.
- Title and abstract for a visionary talk, a project or teaching report, or presentation of original work. Submissions may be up to 2 pages long and should be formatted according to the IEEE conference layout. Accepted manuscripts will be published with a DOI in the workshop proceedings by the Publikationssystem of the Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen. The copyright will remain with the authors.
All contributions should be submitted as PDF documents by email (email@example.com). Presentations will be made available on this workshop website (subject to permission by the authors).
Submission deadline: 30.7.2017
Notification of acceptance: 15.9.2017
Registration deadline: 29.9.2017
A registration fee of XX € is due to cover the costs of the event, payable via wire transfer to IBAN XYZ.
- Scientific program on 12./13.10.2017:
Sand 14, Room A301
- Social event in the evening of 12.10.2017:
General and TPC Co-Chairs
- Michael Menth, Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen
- Martina Zitterbart, Karlsruhe Institut of Technology
Technical Program Committee
- Georg Carle, Technical University of Munich
- Michael Döring, Bosch
- Marco Hoffmann, Nokia
- Holger Karl, University of Paderborn
- Wolfgang Kellerer, Technical University of Munich
- Frank Kargl, University of Ulm
- Wolfgang Kiess, DOCOMO Euro-Labs
- Susanne Naegele-Jackson, University of Erlangen
- Fabian Schneider, NEC
- Ralf Steinmetz, Technical University of Darmstadt
- Klaus Wehrle, RWTH Aachen
- Stefan Wesner, University of Ulm